When you are assigned to narrative essay writing you have to know that this type of essay is written from the point of view of the author. The form of the essay is telling a story. Also some kinds of dialogs can be used in your narrative essay. More details you use in your essay – better it is going to be understood by the reader. But remember, that the sequence of the things and events must be clear and vivid. Descriptive verbs are a successful point of the narrative essay.
Narrative essay is a personal experience of yours, and since it is told in the form of the story some certain rules must be followed: be sure to include the main character, the introduction, body and the conclusion. The main goal of the narrative essay is to tell someone about something. This type of essay does not require some certain and deep knowledge of sciences or what not. A good example of the narrative essay can be a story told about some book, where you describe the main characters and the events which took place in the book. Also it can be a report of some certain life event. Also it may be your own look on the things already discussed in some other work. But remember, that using someone’s thoughts, quoting and rewriting might be considered as plagiarism.
When you write your narrative essay you have to remember, that the story should be interesting and close to your readers. Try to generalize your idea so it is vivid. At the same time the details you choose to use in your narrative essay must clearly support your idea and the thesis statement.
This type of essay can be written both in the first person and in the third person.
When you write the body of the essay you have to write the adequate and logical ending, or conclusion of the story.
A good conclusion of the narrative essay can be the outlined lesson that you have learned from the story.
10 Examples of popular Narrative Essay topics:
- Business Topic – Talent Management as a Tool for Industry Leadership
- Social Sciences Topic – Ethnography Methods for Cultural Studies
- Psychology Topic – Child Psychology Changes Over the Past Decade
- Nursing Topic – Organizations Put Client Needs Before Medical Personnel Needs and Causing Risks to All Stakeholders
- Communications Topic – Social Constructionist Views and Modern Communication
- Biology Topic – Alfred Wallace’s Work with Charles Darwin
- Engineering Topic – Maxwell’s A Dynamical Theory of the Electromagnetic Field
- English Topic – Latin Language Similarities in Formal versus Spoken Language
- Computer Science Topic – Algorithmic Trading and Online Banking Environments
- Education Topic – Defining Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Needs in Public Schools
- The most interesting even of the childhood
- The important choice in my life
- The life’s greatest disappointment
- My first job